CSD Split-Drive AnchorCSD25112
Come in Boxes of 100.
The Split-Drive anchor is a one-piece expansion anchor that can be installed in concrete, grout-filled block and stone. As the anchor is driven in, the split-type expansion mechanism on the working end compresses and exerts a force against the walls of the hole.
- Available in countersunk (CSD) styles
- Carbon steel
- Zinc plated; mechanically galvanized
- Drill a hole in the base material using a 1/4"-diameter carbide-tipped drill. Drill hole to specified embedment depth and blow clean using compressed air. (Overhead installation need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill a hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and dust from drilling. Position fixture and insert split-drive anchor through fixture hole.
- For CSD, a 3/8"-diameter fixture hole is recommended for hard fixtures such as steel.
- Drive anchor until the head is flush against the fixture.
Oversized holes in the base material will greatly reduce the anchor’s load capacity. For CSD, embedment depths greater than 1 1/2" may cause bending during installation.
Industry studies show that hardened fasteners can experience performance problems in wet or corrosive environments. Accordingly, use these products in dry, interior, and non-corrosive environments only.